Haitham Bin Tariq: Haitham bin Tariq is the Sultan of Oman. Haitham bin Tariq is the son of Tariq bin Taimur. He is also a cousin of Qaboos bin Said. Qaboos was the former Sultan of Oman. On 10 January 2020, Sultan Qaboos died. After that, on 11 January 2020, Haitham bin Tariq became the Sultan of Oman.
Born: 13 October 1955 AD. Muscat, Muscat and Oman.
Father’s Name: Tariq bin Taimur.
Mother’s Name: Shawana bint Hamoud Al Busaidia.
Wife: Ahed bint Abdullah bin Hamad Al Saeed.
Predecessor: Qaboos bin Said.
Dynasty: Al Said.
Family: Haitham bin Tariq is a member of Al Said, the Royal family of Oman. Haitham’s father’s name is Tariq bin Taimur, was the son of Sultan Taimur bin Faisal. Taimur bin Faisal ruled from 1913 to 1932. Haitham’s brother Asad bin Tariq bin Taimur is the Deputy Prime Minister.
Education: He is very meritorious in studies. Haitham bin Tariq attended Pembroke College, University of Oxford. He has completed his graduation from the Foreign Service Programme (FSP) in 1979.
Political Career: Haitham bin Tariq became the first head of the Oman Football Association in 1980. He Served as under Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Oman from 1986 to 1994. After that, he served as Secretary-General from 1994 to 2002. He was appointed Minister of Heritage and Culture in March 2002.
Became Sultan of Oman: After the death of former Sultan and cousin, Sultan Qaboos bin Said on 10 January 2020. Haitham bin Tariq became Sultan of Oman on 11 January 2020. Haitham bin Tariq was named by the Royal family of Oman.
- Grand Master of the Order of Al-Said.
- Grand Master of the Order of Oman.
- Grand Master of the Order of the Renaissance of Oman.
- Grand Master of the Order of Sultan Qaboos.
- Order of Al-Russoukh, 1st class.
- Austria: Grand Decoration of Honour for Services to the Republic of Austria.
- Saudi Arabia: Order of King Abdulaziz.
- United Kingdom: Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.