Vietnam war: It’s a long-lasting war ever history. Known as the Second Indochina war but more commonly known as the Vietnam war. In 1946 to 1954 Vietnams are fighting against France and as a result, Vietnam wins that battle. this battle calls to the first Indochina war. After that war Vietnam are parts two-division. that is North Vietnam and South Vietnam. North Vietnam is a communist ideology and South Vietnam is a communist rebel. known as the Viet Cong, wanted to overthrow the South Vietnamese government are reunite the country. This war starts on 1 November 1955 – 30 April 1975.
Resign of Vietnam war: China had become communist in 1949 and communists were in control of North Vietnam. So, the USA government was afraid that communism would spread to South Vietnam and then the rest of Asia. It decided to send money, supplies, and military advisers to help the South Vietnamese Government. The Cold war between the United States and the Soviet Union intensified the war.
Mainly that war between two sites, One of the communists and the other site Anti-communist. Many countries support both sites.
- North Vietnam.
- Viet Cong and RPG.
- Pathet Lao.
- Khmer Ronge.
- The Soviet Union.
- North Korea.
- South Vietnam.
- United State.
- South Korea.
- New Zealand.
- Khmer Republic.
- The Philippines.
Location of this war: South Vietnam, North Vietnam, Cambodia, South China Sea, Gulf of Thailand.
Cost of war: The war in Vietnam cost the United States $843.63 billion in 2019 dollars or 2.3% of GDP in 1968.
How many bombs drop: Between 1965 and 1975, the United States and its allies dropped more than 7.5 million tons of bombs on Vietnam.
How many soldiers are involved in this war for both sites:
- North Vietnam- 690,000.
- Viet Cong- 200,000.
- China- 320,000.
- Khmer Rouge- 70,000.
- Pathet Lao- 48,000.
- Soviet Union- 3,000.
- North Korea- 200.
- South Vietnam- 2,350,000.
- United States- 2,709,918.
- Khmer Republic- 200,000.
- Laos- 72,000.
- South Korea- 320,000.
- Australia- 50,190.
- New Zealand- 3,500.
- The Philippines- 2,061.
Death and injuries in this war: A large number of deaths in this war.
Communist site: North Vietnam and Viet Cong:
- Civilians dead- 65,000 to 182,000.
- Military dead- 849,018.
- Injuries- 600,000 pulse.
- Khmer Ronge and Pathet Lao- Unknown.
- China: Dead- 1,600. and Injures- 4,200.
- Soviet Union 16 Dead and North Korea 14 dead.
- South Vietnam: Civilians dead- 195,000 to 430,000.
- Military dead- 254,256 to 313,000.
- Injuries- 1,170,000.
- United States: Dead- 58,318. And injuries-303,644.
- Laos: Dead- 15,000.
- Khmer Republic: Unknown.
- South Korea: Dead- 5,099. And injuries- 10,962.
- Australia: 521 Dead and injuries- 3,129.
- Thailand: 351 dead.
- New Zealand 37 and Philippines 9 dead.
- Vietnamese Civilian dead: 627,000 to 2,000,000.
- Vietnamese total dead: 966.000 to 3,812,000.
- Cambodian Civil war dead: 275,000 to 310,000.
- Laotian Civil war dead: 20,000 to 62,000.
- Non-Indochinese military dead: 65,494.
- Total dead: 1,326,494 to 4,249,494.
Result of the Vietnam war: North Vietnam and Viet Cong/PRG victory this war in 1975. Vietnam was united as one country of depended on communist ideology. Ho Chi Minh was the leader, and Hanoi was the Capital. After this war, the United States had no relation to the new country. Officially the country name is the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.